Tuesday, September 2, 2008

WEST INDIAN DAY PARADE

Yesterday was the West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn. I usually go every year that I don't work. I like to go towards the end so I don't have to deal with the heat and the huge crowds for a long period of time. This year was no exception it was crowded and very hot. I was chilling and relaxing until the Hot 97 Float came through. I didn't know at the time who was on the float but the crowd was deep when they came through. It was already hot but when they came through they brought the heat with them. For over five minutes a sea of black, green, and yellow walked pass me. On the float was Beenie Man, Foxy Brown, Elephant man, Kardinal Offishall, Tony Matterhorn, and Serani. This was a beautiful event and was not filled with senseless violence and shootings like in the past years. Everything was great but I didn't get any Peas and Rice with my Jerk Chicken.