Tuesday, January 13, 2009

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT

Dear Mr. President
What’s good Mr. President, I like the way that sounds my dude. I guess congratulations are in order for your historic and monumental victory in November. I’m glad that I was able to be a part of history. Damn it seems so long ago since I sent you that last letter after you won the Democratic Presidential nomination. A lot of time has passed since then but I just wanted to reiterate to you how proud I am of your accomplishments. It has made me feel good to see how you have represented other men and what it means to be a true man. I want to come down on the 20th of January and Pop Champagne with you but I don’t have a ticket to commemorate this historical event so I’m going to have to watch it from home with my sons. As this should be a joyous and wonderful occasion the sad thing is we aren’t able to transition you in slowly and smoothly. The country and the entire world is in an economic crisis as we are the standard upon which the world moves. We need you to become the leader that we elected you to be; you are our point guard and our commander in chief. It’s time to lead us into the future as the visionary that we believe that you are. As I am familiar with your track record in the Senate, 1,986 bills authored and co sponsored in 8 years is outstanding. We now need you to work some of that visionary magic on our economic woes and breathe life back into this country. It is going on 76 years since the inauguration of the man history has deemed the greatest President in United States history, Franklin D. Roosevelt. Like you FDR was dealing with a recession he created social programs that revitalized the country and jumpstarted the economy. He provided immediate relief, recovery from economic collapse, and reform to prevent future economic recessions. That is the blueprint that you should follow Mr. President to save our country. Implementing social programs has the calming effect over the country because it shows that you are taking a proactive approach to fixing the problems that ail the country. As I don’t want to take up too much of your time as I know you have a lot of preparation to do. I just want to remind you like I said in my first letter that you have a purpose that goes deeper than being the first Black President. You represent to millions of other boys and young men who resemble you, hope. You provide them the hope that racism and prejudice are a thing of the past. You provide them the hope that with knowledge of self and building a relationship with God that anything is possible for them to achieve. You provide them with hope that they are no longer going to be viewed as the descendants of slaves but as the leaders of today and tomorrow. You provide them the hope that they no longer are going to be Niggers in the eyes of so many. The line “I’m out for President’s that represent me” is more than just a catchy rhyme. It means exactly what is says. You truly represent me Mr. President thank you for stepping up and taking the leadership mantel. I also want to ask something of you that will draw a lot of heat. I think it’s time you brought Joann Chesimard home. Pardon her for her alleged crimes and let our sister come back home it’s only right. I think that the police have killed enough of our brothers and sisters that they can take this loss. It’s something for you to think about my dude. Ok I’m going to end this letter wishing you much success and I’ll hit you up from time to time to let you know I got your back. Stay up Mr. President we got you.